Love Me or Hate Me – This is Me
A couple years ago, in the wake of one of those floods of internet drama I witnessed on twitter I wrote a post on my old site about who exactly I am. What my beliefs are, how I parent, companies I won’t boycott… all that fun stuff.
Why? Because I wanted my readers to know the real me. I am just myself, no one special, and I always wanted to be real with everyone. That is just who I am.
The post was on my Momotics site, and it was called Love Me or Hate Me – just like this same post. Because there seems to be no in between on the internet these days. Especially when it comes to bloggers.
I took some of the old things about me to share again, and of course I added some more which I left out then – or are just more popular and mainstream today.
- I am Pro-Choice. But I amNOT pro-abortion. I am pro-making whatever choice is right for you in pregnancy, childbirth, medical care… whatever. Maybe a better term would just be… I mind my own uterus, and I think everyone else should too!
- I am Pro-Gay Marriage. I think if you love someone, you should be able to marry them. It isn’t like straight marriage is a shining example of what marriage should be anyway. What is our divorce rate these days? 60%? Yeah… that!
- I am a Breastfeeding Advocate & I formula fed! GASP! My middle son simply couldn’t tolerate my breast milk no matter what I did. He breast fed for 5 weeks before he needed to be on formula. It happens. It is rare, but I don’t think Mom’s should feel bad if they find themselves in my shoes. I am thankful I went on to breastfeed my daughter for almost 16 months.
- I Made My Own Baby Food – I also used HappyBaby, Earths Best, and even Gerber. Some times you just need the convenience. It is hit or miss as a parent. You cannot be perfect all the time.
- I swear – They are only words… It is just me.
- I am the Carefree Mom – When we are at the playground, I let the kids actually play. I sit on the bench and let them have fun. As long as no one is hurt or hurting others I let them interact. I also let them play in our fenced in yard alone. I am not going to leave the baby outside alone, but since I can look out the window and hear the boys at all times, I am not worried.
- I drive a Minivan – Some may consider it a gas guzzler. I consider it having enough seats for all the car seats I need to keep my kids safe. I cannot afford a fancy new hybrid as much as I may want one.
- We Eat Out – A lot. I can’t help it… I am a horrible cook. No matter how hard I try to be a good cook, I always fail somehow. I cook a couple nights a week, but we still go out a lot. It happens.
- I use Nestle Products. I am not going to boycott them. Yes, I strongly disagree with some of their marketing practice, but they make some products *I* love, and so does my family. Especially the Willy Wonka Candy. Sue me!
- We Cloth Diaper – But I am not opposed to disposables. In fact we often have them in our house. There is a time and a place when sometimes we need them. Like when Addison had hand, foot, and mouth with a nightmare-ish rash on her butt. Do I think more people should cloth diaper? Yup! Do I put people down who don’t? Nope!
- I am Mormon – but I am semi-active. Yes I drink alcohol occasionally. Surprisingly I am not the only Mormon out there who does it. No one is perfect, and it doesn’t change my belief system.
- Both of my boys are Circumcised. That choice was my husband’s. I do not have a penis, so I left the penis choices to him. Do I regret it? Some days. And that is all I will say about that.
- Public School for us! I praise all the people who have the patience and skills to home school their children. It just isn’t for us.
- We co-slept and used cribs – Depended on the child. We weren’t going to force anyone to share a bed with us.
- I’m Anti-Bullying (Which I think everyone should be) I think people who take the time to bully and harass others need to take a look at their actions and what kind of message they are sending to their children. Be an example. Be what YOU want YOUR kids to be as adults.
- I am Tattooed! Tattoos do not make you a bad person. They do not make you trashy. They do not make you unprofessional. They make you beautiful. There needs to be more acceptance for tattoos across the board.
- I Listen to Rap – Lots of Gangsta Rap. 2Pac, Biggie, Old School Lil’ Kim and Puff Daddy. Wu Tang Clan, Kanye West, and Jay Z. You name it in the rap genre, and I love it.
- I listen to Country – My other love is Country music. These are the two primary music groups I listen to. #TRUTH
I am a hot mess. But… I am only me. This is who I am. I am sure there is so much more to me, but there is always a time and place for another “I am” kind of post. I don’t make any apologies for who I am.
You can’t please everyone in life, and not everyone will like you. And do you know what I say about that? Their loss!
I encourage you to write your own “I am” kind of post! If you do, be sure to come and link back to it here in the comments section. I would love to get to know more about you guys!
Oh, and by the way… I totally think OJ did it.