BlogHer 2012 Don’t Forget to Pack List!
Thankfully I am kind of a packing genius and when I sat down with my check list and suitcase I didn’t forget a thing I set out to remember. Some of the things were easy to remember, like business cards and cloths, others were ideas next to no body even thought of.
That is where my post today comes into play. If you are going to BlogHer for the first time, and sharing a room with bloggers you know or are even just meeting for the first time - you want to be prepared!
Enter my master list of packing!
- Business Cards – DO NOT FORGET THESE! This is how you will make your connects with hundreds of bloggers and of course different brands in the expo hall if that is your thing. They also make life easy to enter the raffles.
- A Power Strip – Ahhhhhhh didn’t think of that one did ya! If you have several bloggers in one room it is a must! There will not be enough plugs for all your gadgets!
- Chargers – Laptop, cell phone, iPad… whatever electronics you are bringing, make sure you remember all the charger. There are charging stations around the expo hall, but you don’t want to run back to there every time your iPhone or whatever is dying.
- SNACKS!!!! – Pack snacks! The hotel food is uber expensive, and most of the parties you are depending on for dinner are sparse with food and abundant with alcohol.
- Comfortable Shoes – Make sure you pack shoes that you can change into on the go. I found my feet hurting shortly into the evening every night. I found CitySlips in the past year and these will be coming with me!
- Extra Luggage – If you are planning on bringing home the abundant amount of swag you are going to end up with, this is a must. But if you are flying in there is also the option to ship your swag to your house, it just takes longer. (without much effort in 2010 I ended up with ALL THIS STUFF because I simply couldn’t say NO to anyone trying to give me something in the expo hall.
(I am totally not complaining about the laptops though… My family has completely enjoyed them, well at least my husband and father.) I ended up coming home and giving away most of it. My mother was happy to take the lotions and all kinds of little samples I ended up with.
Not to bloggers who are new this year, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SAY NO! If you are not interested in a product or company, just sayno thank you! I promise you that you will be able to live without that thirty cent sample of a power bar or a Jimmie Dean Sausage alarm clock.
Are there any items you have on your “must pack” list that didn’t make it above? Comment below!
I hope to see y’all there!