50 Blogs You Should Be Reading!
Thankfully I have done it for you! Haha! Just kidding. I was thinking about a twitter list I made ages ago when Momotics.com was still a swinging place, and I wanted to make a cool blog list for my site and include all of my personal favorites. Blogs I make it a point to check out weekly, and follow on Facebook.
These are also women I have met and build relationships with over the years. Some who I have laughed and cried with. Some I have the hope of meeting one day, because they are just that awesome.
Some I am just star struck by. Either way, all of these ladies (and a couple dudes) are quality, and you should be checking them out as well!
These are listed in no particular order!
- 1 – MommyFriend – I met Lori when she start blogging alongside of me on Babble.com. We quickly became blogging buddies and met this summer at BlogHer. She is hysterical!
- 2 – The Pioneer Woman – If you don’t know who she is, you may just live under a rock! She is a photography guru, and cooking queen. Her recipes are to-die-for! She also wrote a couple awesome books, and has her own cooking channel show. Although I have been reading her since before all of the “fame.” She is a real inspiration!
- 3 – The Next Martha (The Martha Project) – I love Jen (The Next Martha) and after meeting her at BlogHer 2010, I fell in love with her, and her site. She is also a crafting and Halloween guru. She takes Halloween seriously. Like… a boss.
- 4 – How To Be A Dad- Charlie and Andy are the most hysterical Dads EVA! No seriously. If you can make a blog post graphic comparing toddlers to zombies, you are the best of the best!
- 5 – Scary Mommy - Moms vent. And of course everyone knows… I think every mom has their right to do so. Well Scary Mommy not only is a blogging genius, but she gives mothers everywhere an outlet to share their secrets. She also wrote a badass book you should read!
- 6 – Birthing Beautiful Ideas – I met Kristin years ago when she offered to share her hotel room with me for the National Institute of Health’s VBAC Summit. Seems SO long ago! Her blog is wholesome, informative, and inspiring. She is overall an amazing person, advocate and mother of three adorable little boys.
- 7 – One Bored Mommy – I miss my blogging BFF Courtney who used to live only two towns over from me! She has since moved back to her beautiful home state of California. JEALOUS! Anyway, she blogs a ton and has a lot of reviews, and wholesome quality content. Her faith resonates in posts, which is why I admire her most!
- 8 – Baby Dickey – Since Emily was pregnant with her oldest child I followed her on twitter, and her journey on her blog. She is overall nothing short of awesome. And her kids are adorable!
- 9 – Nie Nie Dialogues – Stephanie Nielson is nothing short of a hero. Her strength is something all of us should admire, and her story is inspiring. Her husband and her survived a plane crash, and lived to tell their faith filled story. Probably my favorite daily read!
- 10 – The Eco Friendly Family – Looking for a wholesome Eco-Friendly blog? Amanda has that, and then more! Cloth diapers, alternative cleaners in your house, re-purposing and just quality eco-friendly information? She has it!
- 11 – Pundit Mom – Joanne Bamberger is *my* politically blogging hero. I think her opinions and commentary are spot on! If you are on the liberal side of the politics and enjoy a good, intelligent opinion. She is your lady! She also has a great book on the market, pick it up and give it a read!
- 12 – The Feminist Breeder – We all know my love for Gina. I find her blog to not only be intelligent and interesting, but informative. Especially the “new” (about a year old) resource guide she has with all kinds of goodies!
- 13 – The Shape of a Mother – After having children, our body will change forever. This is nothing we should be ashamed of. In fact, this blog encourages us to embrace our new body. It certainly has helped me with my struggle of postpartum changes.
- 14 – Think Feminist – Blessing rocks my socks. I met her at BlogHer this year and she is one of the most fun women I have met in a while. Her blog, Think Feminist is extremely thought provoking and totally sassy.
- 15 – Digital Mom Blog – Molly! I met Molly when we started blogging together at Babble, and she was right up my techie alley! If you love Tech blogs, Molly is your woman! She is my #1 favorite Tech Mom!
- 16 – Baby Rabies – Can’t have amust read blogs list without including Jill. Not only are her pictures lovely, but so are her around the house tutorials. I only wish I could be as much of a crafty bitch as she is! Come on! Monster Wreath? Yeah! Go over there NOW and check her out! GO!
- 17 – Baby Making Machine – Jen is probably my baby girl crafting hero. I followed her before she got pregnant with her daughter, and now that she is pregnant with her second child she has just become like an extended part of my family. I read to keep up on her adorable family. I mean, her daughter is just drop dead gorgeous! Another unique part of her family that is love is that her and her husband are an interracial Mormon couple. Either way, they make beautiful babies!
- 18 – Giving Birth with Confidence – Lamaze has an awesome blog, which I wrote for before and while I was pregnant with Addison. The information from the writers (who many are Lamaze teachers) is extremely valuable for anyone pregnant or considering having more children. Skip that What to Expect crap and just read this blog!
- 19 – The Eco Chic – Calley is one of the bloggers who inspired me to make the switch to cloth diapers back in the day. Her passion for the environment and quality content is the number one reason you should check her out. But she also has a rockin’ sense of humor!
- 20 – MomCrunch – The women behind Babble.com’s MomCrunch blog are the best when it comes to all things tech, internet, social media, and blogging. If that stuff interests you, be sure to check it out!
- 21 – Growing Up Geeky – I originally met Melissa on a Moms group, and didn’t even know she had a blog! Love science and math? Check her out! Now I enjoy reading her site, and of course seeing her beautiful new baby!
- 22 – Momma Made It Look Easy – I love Jennifer. She is the sweetest southern mom. Good food, lovely writing projects and deep honesty from her life.
- 23 – Lady and the Blog – I love Vera! She is one rockin’ super mom and let me tell you, after meeting her a couple times… she has thee biggest heart! I am really enjoying following along with her most recent pregnancy!
- 24 – One Starry Night – Sarah is THEE BEST web lady ever! She not only has made the lay out for my site, and is overall just an amazing person. But she is also the web lady and designer for other blogs on my list! She is a great friend, and has a huge heart. I always want to fly across the country to give her a big hug! (If you are looking for a blog designer, check her out! She is amazing AND affordable!) Oh, she takes a-MAZ-ing photos too!
- 25 – Veronica Armstrong – Love great photography? Like, not just great but downright beautiful? Veronica not only takes thee best pictures, but she always puts great content with the beauty. Two big thumbs up!
- 26 – MS Renegade – Marie, a dear friend of mine lives with MS. She went from being a fix figure earning CEO to being unemployed and wheel chair bound. Her journey is inspirational and informative to what MS is. She may not blog a lot, but when she has the energy, it is always worth reading.
- 27 – Sweet Lil’ You – Sweet Lil You brings me back to the infant months with all of my children. We met and bonded over the Rivet & Sway glasses promotion from this year’s BlogHer.
- 28 – AppleCheeks Blog – I love Applecheeks cloth diapers, but they also have a really great blog. I frequently check it out for new developments, and just cloth diapering tips.
- 29 – Cloth Diaper Geek – I love Julie! I really do. But her blog, Cloth Diaper Geek has been such an incredible help to me as a cloth diapering mom. Yes, I have done it for a couple years, but shes like a cloth diapering BOSS. Anything you need to know, you are likely to find the answer right on her site!
- 30 – Uppercase Woman – I discovered Cecily thought her anti-bullying work. Her pink hair, bold glasses, and gentle nature. She is a great social media genius and an amazing anti-bullying advocate.
- 31 – My OB said WHAT?! – Looking for some unbelievable one-liners? Yes, this “by submit” website includes heart felt comments, but mainly showcases what kind of insensitive assholes are bringing babies into the world these days.
- 32 – Soxy’s Diamond – I have a big heart for Red Sox fans, if you don’t know that already. When I met another blogging Sox fan, I just had to keep up on her blog. Check out her recipes, they are delish!
- 33 – Girl Gone Travel – I loved Carol Cain when she wrote NYCity Mama, but now that she has expanded her travel site all along the world, it helps me easily dream where I would like to go some day! And live vicariously through her as she travels! She is also a sweet woman!
- 34 – Vodka Mom – Want a laugh? Yeah, that is all I have because there are no real words to describe Vodka Mom other than mass hysteria.
- 35 – The Bloggess – No list would be complete without including the Bloggess.
- 36 – Carrie With Children - Carrie shares her story and life of being a mother of two, one daughter who was born with Down Syndrome. She is a very inspirational mother, and woman.
- 37 – Mormon Mommy Blogs – I am a sucker for Mormon Mom blogs. Seriously. I strive to be half as a good as a cook or homemaker. The craft projects, recipes, and inspirational messages from the gospel. A must read (and huge collections of Mormon Mom blogs)
- 38 – The New Modern Mom – Looking for some great recipes? An overall wholesome blog? Then you need to scoot over to The New Modern Mom and check out Candice’s blog! (She also has awesome photos on Instagram)
- 39 – The Playdate Crashers – I came across this blog recently and she is nothing short of genius. Krista’s humor is right up my own alley! If you are looking for a good honest laugh, she is your lady!
- 40 – Rage Against the Minivan – I starting reading Rage Against the Minivan years ago and was so blessed to be able to read through their adoption story. They are one of thee coolest families out there!
- 41 – Cora’s Story – I met Kristine shortly after the loss of her daughter Cora. Over the past couple years I have watched her turn into one of the biggest activists in the CHD community. (Congenital Heart Defect) She is a strong woman with a story that can and does save babies every day.
- 42 – Thrift Diving – You ready for some awesome thrift findings? Dumpster diving? Turning trash into treasures? Yeah, everything and more, and done with such style! This one is my guilty pleasure!
- 43 – Moosh in Indy – I started reading Moosh in Indy when she started blogging on Babble with me. We both had babies around the same time and in turn I started reading her. Two thumbs up! But I think most people are already reading her anyway!
- 44 – The Happiness Project – It is more than just a blog, or a book. It is a life revelation. With society the way it is today, seriously, it is worth the read!
- 45 – Parenting Illustrated with Crappy Pictures – Ever just need a good laugh? Honest truth? Head over here and you will laugh till you cry. And that is not an exaggeration!
- 46 – The Hipster Homemaker – I love, love, LOVE the Hipster Homemaker! No words… just go read her, now.
- 47 – Hormonal Imbalances – The woman behind the blog, Diana, had to be one of my idols when it comes to strength and dedication to her children. I followed her pregnancy journey, and sadly the loss of her sons on Babble, where we all rallied for her. Now Diana and her husband are adopting, and I can’t help but check in daily to see what is new.
- 48 – Awesomely Luvvie – There are really no words to describe Luvvie’s chaos. Roasting, humor, pop culture and the dead honest truth. She is also a kick ass advocate!
- 49 – The Red Pump Project – The Red Pump Project is a cause I personally support. HIV and Aids prevention in women and girls. This charity uses red shoes as a symbol of empowerment and represent women who have been directly impacted or affected by HIV/Aids.
- 50 – Accustomed Chaos – I love Devan and her blog. I met her (officially) at BlogHer this year, but wrote alongside her at Babble for a while. Funny, serious, and always moving.
Holy Moly! I did it! And they are all frequent reads of mine. This is also officially the longest post I have written in ages. AGES I TELL YOU!
Big props to all the bloggers out there! Feel free to link up your favorites below! I would love to expand my personal reading list, and of course be able to share new blogs with my own readers! (Comment away!)
Oh, and these are not in any kind of order. All of these blogs are equally as awesome all the way around, or in different ways!